You will be asked to complete several forms before your first appointment at BCI. For your convenience you may access all necessary new patient paperwork on this page. If you would like to save time, you can print and complete the forms at home and bring them with you to your first appointment. If you prefer to complete your new patient paperwork at our clinic, please arrive 30 minutes before your appointment.
Your health information is not only a sacred trust but a federal statute. These are your rights. Please print them and bring it to your appointment.
Your First Visit
First visits to any doctor’s office, especially a blood and cancer clinic, can be overwhelming and stressful. We know that you and your family members will have many questions and/or concerns. Although our Cancer Care Team will spend as much time as needed to address some of your initial concerns, please feel free to call us if you have any questions after your appointment.
What To Expect
You will check in and register at the window. If you have already printed and completed your new patient registration forms prior to your visit, you will provide those at this time. Otherwise, our staff will give these forms to you for you to fill out at this time. Once you are registered, you will be brought to a triage room for treatment where your blood pressure, weight and medications will be recorded and blood samples drawn. You are now ready to be seen by the doctor.
What to bring to your visit
All patients need to bring the following items:
• Your completed new patient forms (if done prior to appointment)
• Current list of your medications
• All current insurance cards
• Photo ID
• A list of questions you or your family members may have
If you are scheduled to get treatment, you may want to bring:
• Snacks/lunch ( as chemo may take a few hours )
• Blanket (as chemo room may be cooler for you)
• Many patients keep a “chemo bag” they bring with books, magazines, crossword puzzles, snacks, etc…they bring to all treatments.
If you are scheduled for a Bone Marrow biopsy:
• Follow special instructions given by our staff
• Bring someone with you who can drive you back home.